EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER AND RESIDENTIAL COORDINATOR
Full-Time, Permanent | Calgary, AB
We are seeking an Executive Housekeeper / Residential Coordinator to support the efficient running of a family’s household.
Primarily based at a beautiful country estate a short distance south of Calgary, the role will be best suited to a self-starter who enjoys being of service, shows initiative, is highly organized, and is adept at solving problems. This individual will need to pay close attention to details, work in a dynamic environment, communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, exercise discretion and maintain privacy. Flexibility, adaptability, strong ethics and a sense of style are also important attributes.
The role will be part of an integrated team that includes estate managers, housekeepers, drivers, personal assistants, and others. Fitting in with the family and the team values and culture is important.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include generous benefits.
The role will primarily focus upon household management and include support with basic meal preparation and related household responsibilities. Training will be provided in regard to the family’s personal preferences.
Specific duties, hours and the activity level of the role will vary from day to day and from season to season, depending upon the personal and travel schedule and needs of the family.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and supervision of the housekeeping team;
- Liaison with family members, the broader residential and property management team members and third-party service providers;
- Manage, monitor and order household items, clothing and other personal items (including researching, gathering prices/quotes and presenting alternatives in an organized fashion);
- Organizing, cataloguing and maintaining personal item and household inventories;
- Meal planning, basic food preparation and serving; training can be provided;
- Household management, organizing and housekeeping;
- Understanding and managing household budget;
- Driving family members in their vehicles when required, to and from office, appointments and other engagements;
- Grocery shopping and purchasing of household and personal items;
- Completing general errands, requests and queries;
- Preparing for and supporting travel planning, packing and related logistics;
- Inventory, tracking and follow-up;
- Screening, directing and responding to phone, email and written correspondence;
- Managing personal and private confidential information;
- Assisting with event coordination;
- Assisting with formal and casual dinner parties;
- Organizing team schedules and related administrative support;
- Basic technology support, including telephone, video calls, televisions and sound systems within the household; and
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above details, the profile for this role includes the following:
- Courteous, discreet, honest, reliable and responsible;
- Diligent, meticulous and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Smart, proactive and able to anticipate needs and solve problems before they arise;
- Flexible self-starter;
- Demonstrates strong leadership and team building skills. Has the ability to work collaboratively with adaptability and flexibility;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Takes initiative and possesses a willingness to learn; creativity and innovation is encouraged;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, showcasing pride and accountability to the role;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload;
- Energetic, dynamic and personable with a positive attitude; and
- Is available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required, based on the schedule of the family (on occasion, may exceed 40 hours per week, with overtime pay).
Skills and Experience:
- Housekeeping and basic meal preparation experience is a requirement;
- Prior experience with supervision and management of staff members is a requirement;
- Other related verifiable experience in similar positions is considered a strong asset;
- Knowledge of fashion and clothing is considered an asset; training can be provided;
- First aid related experience is an asset;
- Comfortable with technology and proficient with e-mail, WhatsApp and other forms of electronic communication including but not limited to Microsoft 365 and Adobe;
- A minimum of a high school education with 3-5 years of experience in a related position;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history;
- Must be legally able to work in Canada; and
- Successfully complete a criminal, credit and driving backcheck process.
- Job type: Full time, permanent
- Working days: Flexibility required
- Working hours: 40 hours per week (with some paid overtime)
- Vacation: Three weeks per year, prorated for start date
- Benefits: Generous group plan, including health, insurance and pension benefits
- Salary: Competitive (commensurate with experience)
- Probationary Period: 90 days