Full-Time, Permanent | Private residence in Southwest Calgary and Ranch South of Calgary
Viridian Family Office is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and has been in the family office space for over half a century, guiding dynamic, high-net-worth families towards success. The breadth and depth of our collective knowledge and experiences are unparalleled in Western Canada. Our family office services are built upon four key pillars – people, governance, advisory and support. These four key pillars are the core of how we support our clients and build relationships of deep trust and integrity.
We value our team of trusted advisors and creative problem solvers. We develop excellence in everything we do, and each team member is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for the clients we serve. We foster a culture that strives to unlock the potential of each member of our team, we challenge the status quo, and we encourage every employee to commit to lifelong learning and thinking creatively.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Aside from working with a great and supportive Estate Team, the successful candidate will be eligible for platinum level fully insured benefits after a month (which includes Health Spending and executive medical assessments every two years), in addition to a Defined Contribution Pension Plan after three months. Our client offers a very competitive salary that is paid bi-weekly, as well as a discretionary incentive plan. The successful candidate for the role will never be bored and will be consistently learning something new on the job!
REPORTING TO: Head Housekeeper
Our private client is seeking a full-time Housekeeper to work in multiple private residences within a larger estate team. This position will work four 10 hour days per week, Thursday through Sunday, inclusive. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day housekeeping of multiple private residences, with direction from the Head Housekeeper, ensuring that the residences are always maintained at a high standard of cleanliness. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean rooms, hallways, restrooms, and stairways and all other areas in the residences;
- Vacuum household twice daily (depending on time of year);
- Assist with proper table settings;
- Sweep and mop floors;
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment and disinfect surfaces;
- Polish silver accessories and silverware;
- Wash/iron and steam clothing, linens and rags;
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen;
- Make beds, tidy bedrooms and clean bathrooms;
- Change bed linens;
- Ensure garbage is emptied daily;
- General laundry knowledge and an understanding of how to treat and clean various fabrics, such as silk or cashmere;
- Assist in meal preparations including cooking and/or serving at regular meals and special events;
- Assist the Residential team with special projects as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To meet the challenges of this role, the ideal candidate must be energetic and have excellent communication skills. Additionally, they will need to be a strong team player who can think critically and is self-motivated. Superb attention to detail is absolutely necessary for this position to be successful. Individuals will be required to successfully complete a criminal, credit and driving backcheck process. Other requirements include:
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs and comfortable performing repetitive tasks;
- Ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends, when necessary;
- Prior experience with hotel housekeeping is preferred;
- Provide own transportation to residence and Ranch properties (>25km outside city limits) and maintain a clean driving record;
- Must be fully vaccinated, as defined by Alberta Health Services, against COVID-19 and be willing to maintain up-to-date vaccination status;
- Ability to walk for 8 hours, climb stairs, bend, and perform repetitive motions;
- Be service oriented, professional, courteous and accommodating to all;
- Must be adaptable and flexible;
- Follow instructions precisely and remember established processes and procedures;
- Possess a great attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Possess a strong work ethic.