Full-Time, Permanent | Calgary, AB
We are seeking a Personal Assistant to support an adult principal’s personal, lifestyle, travel planning and administrative needs.
Primarily based at a beautiful country estate a short distance south of Calgary, a SW Calgary residence and downtown Calgary office, the role will be best suited to a dynamic, hands-on individual who is an experienced Personal Assistant. The Personal Assistant will be an efficient, trustworthy, self-reliant, resourceful, driven problem solver who can communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, exercise good judgment and make decisions as needed. Flexibility, adaptability, discretion, and a sense of style are also important attributes.
The Personal Assistant must be willing to work flexible hours, and at times will need to be available outside of regular working hours.
The role will be part of an integrated team that includes estate managers, housekeepers, drivers, and others. Fitting in with the family and the team values and culture is important.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include generous benefits.
Specific duties, hours and the activity level of the role will vary from day to day and from season to season, depending upon the personal and travel schedule and needs of the principal.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lifestyle management;
- Administrative support;
- Maintain personal schedules, calendars and contacts;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and related communications and logistics;
- Organize events and social functions;
- Transcribe notes and compose correspondence;
- Running errands, including but not limited to sourcing unique items, shopping, picking up dry-cleaning and ordering supplies;
- Assistance with basic record keeping and budgeting (support from the broader accounting team will be provided);
- Coordinate, organize and assist with clothing, including planning and packing for seasonal travel, trips and events (guidance will be provided);
- Work closely alongside an experienced and trusted personal/executive assistance who will provide guidance and support, and collaborating with other members of the residential, estate and office teams;
- Purchase and coordinate delivery of gifts;
- Perform research and summarize information;
- Ensure records are maintained and passports and related documentation are kept current;
- Assist with the care of a beautiful, small dog;
- Screening, directing and responding to phone, email and written correspondence;
- Managing personal and private confidential information;
- Basic technology support, including telephone, video calls, televisions and sound systems within the household;
- Occasionally, driving the principal in the principal’s vehicle; and
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above details, the profile for this role includes the following:
- Confident, energetic, possesses a positive, can-do attitude and has excellent interpersonal skills;
- Diligent, meticulous and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Smart, proactive and able to anticipate needs and solve problems before they arise;
- Flexible self-starter;
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with adaptability and flexibility;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Takes initiative and possesses a willingness to learn; creativity and innovation is encouraged;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, showcasing pride and accountability to the role;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload; and
- Is available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required, based on the schedule of the family (on occasion, may exceed 40 hours per week, with overtime pay).
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school education with 3-5 years of personal/executive administration experience;
- Knowledge of female fashion and clothing is considered an asset; training can be provided;
- Comfortable with technology and proficient with e-mail, WhatsApp and other forms of electronic communication including but not limited to Microsoft 365 and Adobe;
- First aid related experience is an asset;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history;
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and travel abroad; and
- Successfully complete a criminal, credit and driving backcheck process.
- Job type: Full time, permanent
- Working days: Flexibility required
- Working hours: 40 hours per week (with some paid overtime)
- Vacation: Three weeks per year, prorated for start date
- Benefits: Generous group plan, including health, insurance, and pension benefits
- Salary: Competitive (commensurate with experience)
- Probationary period: 90 days