Full-Time, Seasonal Housekeeper (California)
Full Time, Seasonal | Indian Wells, California
Viridian Family Office is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and has been in the family office space for over half a century, guiding dynamic, high-net-worth families towards success. The breadth and depth of our collective knowledge and experiences are unparalleled in Western Canada. Our family office services are built upon four key pillars – people, governance, advisory and support. These four key pillars are the core of how we support our clients and build relationships of deep trust and integrity.
We value our team of trusted advisors and creative problem solvers. We develop excellence in everything we do, and each team member is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for the clients we serve. We foster a culture that strives to unlock the potential of each member of our team, we challenge the status quo, and we encourage every employee to commit to lifelong learning and thinking creatively.
Private property in Indian Wells, California
A Viridian client owns property in both Calgary, Alberta, and Indian Wells, California. They are seeking a full-time seasonal housekeeper to work in their private residence in California (October through May annually with possible part-time hours in Summer).
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day housekeeping of the Principal(s) residences, with direction from the Executive Housekeeper, ensuring that the residences are always maintained at a high standard of cleanliness. This position will work within a larger housekeeping and property team. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to work evenings, weekends, special events and when required;
- Experienced in meal preparation and cooking;
- Clean rooms, hallways, restrooms, and stairways and all other areas in the homes;
- Vacuum household twice daily (depending on time of year);
- Assist with proper table settings;
- Sweep and mop floors;
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment and disinfect surfaces;
- Polish silver accessories and silverware;
- Wash/iron and steam clothing, linen and rags;
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen;
- Make beds, tidy bedrooms and bathrooms ensuring garbage is emptied daily;
- Change bed linens;
- Help Head Housekeeper with special projects as needed;
- Ability to pay attention to detail while maintaining cleanliness of residences;
- Able to follow specific instructions in a respectful and professional manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To meet the challenges of this role, the ideal candidate must be energetic and have excellent communication skills. Superb attention to detail is absolutely necessary for this position to be successful. Individuals will be required to successfully complete a criminal, credit and driving backcheck process. Other requirements include:
- Must be fully vaccinated;
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs;
- Provide own transportation to residence;
- Ability to walk for 8 hours, climb stairs, bend, and perform repetitive motions;
- Be service oriented, professional, courteous and accommodating to all;
- Must be adaptable and flexible;
- Follow instructions precisely and remember established processes and procedures;
- Possess a great attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Possess a strong work ethic.