Full-Time, Permanent | Ranch 20 minutes outside Calgary
Viridian Family Office has been in the family office space for over half a century, guiding dynamic, high-net-worth families towards success. The breadth and depth of our collective knowledge and experiences are unparalleled in Western Canada. Our family office services are built upon four key pillars – people, governance, advisory and support. These four key pillars are the core of how we support our clients and build relationships of deep trust and integrity.
We value our team of trusted advisors and creative problem solvers. We develop excellence in everything we do, and each team member is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for the clients we serve. We foster a culture that strives to unlock the potential of each member of our team, we challenge the status quo, and we encourage every employee to commit to lifelong learning and thinking creatively.
Location: Ranch 20 minutes from the outskirts of Calgary
Hours: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Ranch Manager
On behalf of a client, we are seeking a Ranch Hand to assist with day-to-day tasks and maintenance required to upkeep operations for a public ranch. The Ranch Hand will work with the Ranch Manager and other team members to complete tasks needed to keep all operations running smoothly. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and reliability, and have a superb attention to detail and be always highly professional. There will be room for the successful candidate to grow into an Assistant Ranch Manager role should they show aptitude in the Ranch Hand role.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Health benefits program;
- Annual vacation entitlement;
- Competitive wage offering;
- Possibility of living on-site; and
- Be part of a collaborative and high performing culture that provides ongoing growth opportunities and genuinely takes care of their people.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Feed and care for cattle, while also inspecting them to identify any health issues or problems and providing the appropriate medical attention, as required;
- Herd cattle from one location to another using a horse or a vehicle;
- Provide support for cattle and horse services, including but not limited to brandings, rides and animal care;
- Haying; cut, rake and bale hay, hay collection and storage;
- Correspond with Ranch Manager for any property deficiencies or items that require attention;
- Responsible for the general maintenance and repairs of the farm, equipment and tools, and for liaising with third party service technicians, where needed;
- Responsible for the year-round maintenance of buildings, roads, equipment, and vehicles, which includes but is not limited to cleaning, landscaping, grass cutting, snow removal, recycling and waste disposal;
- Inspect, repair and fix fencing, corrals and gates as assigned to ensure animals kept on side remain contained;
- Daily inspections and checks of the property, grounds, equipment and vehicles, and documenting all service-related activity;
- Identify and rectify hazards and safety concerns, and updating the team, where necessary, as well as adhering to operational and environmental guidelines;
- Assist with guest support services with, including but not limited to, greeting guests and assisting with rectifying issues;
- Must be experienced and possess knowledge to operate various types of farm equipment;
- Ad hoc projects, as assigned; and
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above details, other qualifications include:
- Experience operating and maintaining farm equipment such as tractors, harvesters, and other machinery;
- An understanding of the care and attention needed while caring for animals;
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and comfort in working with both mechanical and electronic systems;
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds, and perform physically repetitive tasks;
- Must be able to take initiative;
- Be courteous, discreet, honest, reliable and responsible;
- Must be adaptable and flexible;
- Follow instructions precisely and adhere to established processes and procedures;
- Possess a great attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A minimum of a high school education with 3-5 years of experience in a related position;
- Provide own transportation to the property and hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history;
- Must be legally able to work in Canada; and
- Successfully complete a criminal, credit and driving backcheck process.