SENIOR ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR
Full-Time, Permanent | Calgary, AB
Hours: Full time
Reporting to: President
On behalf of our client, a prominent family office, we are looking to fill their need for a Senior Accounting Administrator. This is a newly created role created for the purpose of strengthening the current family office staffing and preparing for the current and future needs of the family.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, financial skills, and administrative skills to join the team. The Senior Accounting Administrator will focus on providing financial and accounting expertise as well as have organizational and administrative proficiency. The successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity to gain unique experience and apply their knowledge base in a small high performing team.
In time, the long-term goal of this position is to become a family office lead, key point of contact and coordinator for the wealth management needs of a Family Branch serving 5-10 family members.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Generous above market annual salary;
- Participation in the annual discretionary incentive program;
- Platinum health benefits program from day 1 of employment;
- RRSP matching of 9%;
- Generous annual health spending account;
- Vacation and sick time;
- Financial support for training and development; and,
- Be part of a collaborative and high performing culture that provides ongoing growth opportunities and genuinely takes care of their people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing property and general insurance renewals and coverage for family assets;
- Managing day-to-day personal banking needs including coding in Quicken, bill payments, working with private banking teams, cash flow forecasting, credit and personal line of credit facilities, and interfacing with investment managers on account transfers;
- Maintaining and understanding Power of Attorney records with banks and investment managers;
- Responsibility for month-end personal accounting and net worth reporting;
- Responsibility for month-end and year-end accounting and managing assets held in a family investment holding companies and a private foundation;
- Working with property managers and staff for family-owned real estate;
- Special occasions and event planning activities;
- Travel planning and concierge type assistance for family members; and,
- The successful candidate would be prepared to take relevant courses related to working in a family office role with a view to advancing their understanding of the unique needs of families of wealth.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLSET:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 10+ years of financial and administrative experience is professional/corporate environment;
- Preference for candidates with related (i.e., finance/accounting) post-secondary education such as a bachelor’s degree or diploma programs;
- Strong MS office skills (word, excel) and accounting software and related applications;
- Strong oral, written communication, and proofreading skills;
- Professionalism, strong business acumen completed by strong listening skills is essential;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and adaptable;
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and self-starter;
- Experience and flexibility to help coordinate personal/non-business related items at times are a must;
- Calm, patient, and balanced personality with a sense of humor;
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding discussions, records, files, documents, and information;
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks while satisfactory meeting deadlines and desired outcomes; and
- Successful back check process for both criminal and credit.
Any interested and qualified applicants please apply at Recruitment (adp.com)